Tuesday 5 January 2016

Tips to making and keeping resolutions!


So in my last post, I talked about the importance of switching off in time for the holidays, and I myself decided to take a little break from the blogging world and twitter. But I'm back! We're already 5 days into the new year and I'm pretty sure a lot have you have made new years resolutions. Hey, maybe you haven't but either way I have come up with some tips and tricks to making and keeping up with your resolutions in order to make this year the best one yet!

1. Make resolutions that you believe you can achieve. There's no point in making a resolution that you don't think is even manageable. BUT YOU CAN DO ANYTHING IF YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH!

2. The best resolutions are those that will most importantly benefit you, and even benefit others. Whether that is beneficial to your physical or mental health, or providing help to those in need.

3. Don't be generic. If your aim is to lose weight, your resolution could be to go to the gym at least once a week. If you aim to go out more, your resolution could be to visit a place you've never been before once a month. If your aim is to see each day in a happier spirit, your resolution could be to smile at someone new every day.

4. Instead of making your resolutions at the beginning of the year, why not try making resolutions every month? This way you can alter your goals or even change the way you want your year to be. You don't have to stick to one thing, that's why I find switching things up now and then can really help you become more motivated!

5. If you're truly passionate about sticking to your resolution, keep constant reminders of why made that decision nd to keep you motivated. But don't just keep it in your phone notes where you're not likely to see it again, put them in places you look every day; your lock screen, your mirror, the fridge etc.

6. Remember that everyone slips up. Hey, you might have slipped up already! But just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you can't pick yourself back up and move on. Heck, my resolution was to wake up when my alarm actually goes off and not twenty minutes later, but I've already overslept once aha! But I'm not going to let that defeat me.

7. Similar to number 4, resolutions don't have to start at the beginning of the year, the beginning or a month, or on a Monday. If you feel like you want to make a decision to help change your life, don't put it off and wait until it's a new week or month. Start now. There's no better time otherwise, you'll end up putting it off!

8. Have fun with it! Resolutions don't have to be something that makes you sick to your stomach! Enjoy and embrace your choice to make a change!

I hope these tips will help you! Have you made a resolution this year?
Much love,
Lauren xx



SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I agree with everything you said in this post! I couldn't of written it better myslef! Some of my blog goals can't even be achieved till mid year, its great! Haha x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these points and am totally going to use them. I especially like the idea of making goals at the start of each month, I might try it x

    Sophie | ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you said in this post was spot on. I've made two resolutions - work out everyday and drink more water. So far, so good.

    Lovely post.

    Emma Louise xx
    www.owlsandstags.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so well written and as Emma said, every point you made was spot on!I created 12 Monthly Challenges and so far, I'm really enjoying it. I think one of the reasons it works so well is that it only lasts for a month, so although it's challenging, I never sit and think 'Oh god, I still have the rest of the year to go.' which for me, I think is making it work really well (that and the fact I'm blogging about it, keeping me going!). January's challenge is going really well and I already know that I will be making changes when it's over. I'm excited to see what the rest of the year has instore!

    Sarah xx

    www.thingssarahloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really struggled with keeping my new years resolution of getting healthier this year, so this post is just perfect for me, thank you so much!


    I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a liebster award, because I think your blog is absolutely fabulous. Please head over to my blog to find out more!

    Sara
    Herelectricocean.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Tea Stained Lauren. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig