Monday 27 June 2016

10 things every Brit will know and experience during "summer"

It's summertime! Or so we thought,.I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any sun since that super hot weekend in May. Sad times. However, this Summer it looks like it's going to be a pretty fun one, with a holiday to Spain to look forward to, summer camp, and many different parties to attend! Shame about the weather though really isn't it. While I was dwelling on the fact that its all grey skies and rain at the moment, I was thinking about how us Brits all have a lot in common throughout these so-called summer months; the sort of things we can all laugh about because they're all so relatable. Of course, my first thought was to write a post about it! So here are 10 things every Brit will know and experience during summer.


1.As soon as the sun is finally shining, everyone decides to have a barbeque. The shops stock up with coal and there are fights in the supermarkets about whose going to get the last of the beef burgers. Facebook fills up with pictures with their hot dogs, burgers, and glasses of beer. Oh and if you have twitter all you'll see is news on how many barbeques everyone managed to go to. Within a few days, the rain will come and everyone will stay indoors again.

2.As soon as it hits past 20 degrees mark, you'll see people posting the temperature on Snapchat and be greeted by people walking the street half naked. It's just too hot for us brits. We're most definitely not used to it.

3. Apparently, a lot of us believe that it's impossible to get a sunburn in this country, so often pass when in comes to protecting ourselves from the sun's rays. But that's always regretted once we manage to get sunburn within half an hour of being outside, and we get the most dreadful burn lines. Looking like a cooked lobster is not cool. Wear suncream people!

4.We complain about how the weather is rubbish every day, but as soon as the weather is actually pretty nice out, we complain even more about how it's too hot, even when it's not even that hot at all! We're a fussy lot but that's just the way we are.

5.Hot drinks are for winter and cold drinks are for summer right? Wrong, we'll go through endless amounts of tea and coffee all the way through summer without even thinking twice. No one can stop us.

6. Although deep down we all know how unpredictable British weather is, we'll always give it the benefit of the doubt and hope it doesn't change on us. So that normally means we end up getting caught up in the torrential rain without an umbrella, or we end up with sweat dripping down us because we dressed in dark, thick clothes. I always find myself in black jeans when it's hot, and I'm telling you now it's not good.

7. We're much more approachable and friendlier when the sun's out. Like we'll actually smile and talk to people rather than be our shy unsociable selves. Why? Because the weather has a strange effect on our personality apparently. 

8.Going to sleep becomes excessively difficult in the heat. The battle between being under or out of the duvet is definitely hard to win. Achieving the perfect temperature to sleep in takes a lot of patience, but we normally just end by giving. Even a room fan barely helps, and sleeping naked can often end up as a last resort. 

9. We set our expectations way too high when summer arrives. With dreams of barbeques every weekend, sunbathing in the garden, and a list of fun and amazing things to do. The outcome is very unlikely though and we're often felt a bit disappointed by the end of August and realise we've done nothing but lazed around during our free time.

10.As much as we all love summer and will miss it so when September arrives, we can't help but get excited for leaves to start turning orange and Autumn to be at our doorstep, and thrive in the weather we know best. 
Have a fabulous summer everyone,
Lauren xx
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I really enjoyed this post Lauren, so relatable! I agree about getting to sleep in summer, my room feels like a sauna so it takes me hours to get to sleep! Amazing post X

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my room is the hottest in the house and it's the worst!!
      Lauren xx

      Delete
  2. You know it is summer when the snapchat temperature is out!! Lovely post xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So not looking forward to when the weather picks up again and all the men whip their tops off in 15 degrees, it's not hot at all haha. The one thing that bugs me is Summer always feels so short while the other seasons always drag

    Claire ❤ | My Little Memoir

    Claire ❤ | My Little Memoir

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a post like this last year - gotta love a bit of British humour! So true about the drinks - i've got my piping hot mug of coffee as we speak, although in my defence it looks like mid-Winter outside!

    Bumble and Be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I can totally relate to the barbeque one except once we are cooking the food on the barbeque it decides to rain!! Thanks for sharing x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not summer with out rain in Britain ^_^ Loved this post xx

    Sophie | http://ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute and relateable post! I really relate the one about the Autumn thing, I just see summer as the season before Autumn! Love your blog gorgeous!

    Love Frances xx
    www.royallyrouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading this post! I love having a barbeque, actually the past 2 years it has rained whilst having a barbeque. Great post as usual. X
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! I can totally relate to this post because I live in Norfolk in England so I know exactly what you mean! I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate teenage blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much, Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. The snapchat temparture is so me haha... oops! Xx
    http://louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Tea Stained Lauren. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig